- Semi-paved path up to the large pond (1.5 km single journey)
- Heritage walk Eisden Garden City (4 km)
- ‘Zandloperpad’ (Sandpiper Path): paved loop (1.5 km) through the former sand quarry: a bird hide, timber decking and a few extra challenges make the trip even more enjoyable.
- Green 3.7K hike, start at ‘Waterburcht’ (water castle) ‘Pietersheim’
- Green 2.7K hike, start at Kapel van de Weerstand, Brugstraat z/n, Dilsen-Stokkem.
- Experiencing nature for people with disabilities. This activity is possible at all gateways, except for wheelchair users. They can go on the ‘Zandloperpad’ (Sandpiper Path) of the ‘Mechelse Heide’. For more information: click here.
- Genk: holiday home Twinstone Lodge in the woods of ‘Kattevennen’. Two bathrooms are wheelchair-friendly. www.twinstonelodge.be
- Maasmechelen: holiday home Fabiola (Thomasbos), near gateway ‘Mechelse Heide’. The bungalows are fully equipped for people with disabilities. http://www.kfh.be/site/info/info-gebouwen(thomasbos).asp
- Lanaken: hotel La butte aux bois has one room suitable for wheelchair users (la Foret). The hotel overlooks the woods of the Hoge Kempen National Park. http://www.labutteauxbois.be/site/