People with disabilities
- Semi-paved path up to the large pond (1.5 km single journey)
- Heritage walk Eisden Garden City (4 km)
- ‘Zandloperpad’ (Sandpiper Path): paved loop (1.5 km) through the former sand quarry: a bird hide, timber decking and a few extra challenges make the trip even more enjoyable.
- Green 3.7K hike, start at ‘Waterburcht’ (water castle) ‘Pietersheim’
- Green 2.7K hike, start at Kapel van de Weerstand, Brugstraat z/n, Dilsen-Stokkem.
- energy walk of 2.3 km, start at Thorpark, André Dumonlaan 67, Genk
- Experiencing nature for people with disabilities. This activity is possible at all gateways, except for wheelchair users. They can go on the ‘Zandloperpad’ (Sandpiper Path) of the ‘Mechelse Heide’. For more information: click here .