Do you love adventurous mountain biking through beautiful countryside? Then come to the area around Hoge Kempen National Park. Here you will traverse magnificent forests and enjoy beautiful views in a varied landscape. The network includes 400 km of mountain bike trails, spread over 13 loops. 98% of the routes run on unpaved paths and are suitable for bikers of all levels.
The National Park's mountain bike network is very flexible thanks to its convenient junction system. The province and the municipalities involved have spent months working on the mountain bike network of the Hoge Kempen National Park. The steep ridge, created by the transition between the Meuse valley and the Kempen plateau, ensures that there are often tough climbs and descents to take with height differences of up to 45 metres.
For mountain bikers who like the challenge a bit more, there is the biking marathon: a tour of 82km. Black arrows show them the way on this route between Maaseik and Lanaken. To the north and south, the routes connect to the network of Central Limburg and the Euregio.
However, we do ask you to stay on the mountain bike paths at all times. We aim to create separate paths/routes for hikers and mountain bikers so as not to disturb each other. Enjoy this privilege as a mountain biker, and please stay on the paths. Of course, also to spare nature.
You can ride the mountain bike trails in three ways:
*Via our MTB map which you can download for free here.
*Via the signposting on the terrain, you then follow one of the coloured triangles.
*Via GPX or Komoot: all our MTB routes are on Komoot, and can be viewed there. If you wish to download them, you have to "buy the region". We are already treating you to the region code "Limburg" (worth €8.99), you can request your free voucher here. More info on the region codes and Komoot.
Comfortably on the road
- Camping Kikmolen , Kikmolenstraat 3, Maasmechelen
- Kerkplein Opoeteren, Maaseik
- Kapel van de Weerstand, Brugstraat, Dilsen-Stokkem
- Mechelse Heide, Joseph Smeetslaan 280, Maasmechelen
- Station Eisden, Spoorwegstraat z/n, Maasmechelen
- Terhills Cableski, Nationaal Parklaan 5, Dilsen-Stokkem
- Papendaalheide, Sellerveldstraat, Zutendaal
- Sporthal Blookberg Zutendaal, Blookbergstraat 1, Zutendaal
- Kinderboerderij Pietersheim, Neerharenweg 12, Lanaken
- Station As, Stationsstraat 124, As
- Camping Zavelbos, Kattebeekstraat 1, Maaseik
- Sentower Park, Leemkuilstraat 21, Oudsbergen
- Sportzone Gruitrode, Groenstraat 38, Oudsbergen
Rent a (e-)mountainbike
In Oudsbergen at E-bike2Rent, you can rent e-mountain bikes and other electric bikes. On request, they also deliver to destination.
At Kattevennen (eatery Kattevenia), Mechelse Heide (cafeteria 't Salamanderke) and Pietersheim (cafeteria Kinderboerderij) there are charging stations for electric bikes.
Want to report a problem on our MTB trails, such as signage, infrastructure or a difficult passage? Then fill in our report form, and, if necessary, we will solve the report as soon as possible. Together, we make the Hoge Kempen National Park even better!