!Due to the setup of a new experiment, the Ecotron Hasselt University will be temporarily closed for public visits until 18th of December 2022. Bookings can be made from 19th of December 2022!
If you are curious about the story behind the Ecotron hasselt University, then this is your unique chance!
The Ranger will take you along and let you in on the secrets of this research installation.
The Ecotron is a unique, high-tech research facility in which Hasselt University researchers study the effects of climate change on biodiversity. The Ecotron is part of the Field Research Centre, the scientific base of Hasselt University for international top research on biodiversity and climate in the Hoge Kempen National Park.
The Ranger will tell you why it is situated in the National Park and why it is so unique. What research is being carried out and why this is so important. In short, worth a visit!
- Period: The activity takes place all year round.
- Location: National Park Visitor Center - Terhills
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Participation: max. 25 persons per Ranger
- Price: 70 euros per Ranger (access ticket 'Connecterra' included)
- Ages: from 18 to 98 years