140 km of track dedicated to horse-riding and horse-drawn vehicles, 85% of which is unpaved, runs through the National Park. A lot of the riders and their horses come away, feeling very satisfied with their visits.
These tracks link into a network via junctions, which makes it easy to create your own trip.
From the riding schools in the area, you can set off on your own tailor-made trip. En route, you will find the necessary resting points and accommodation options.
- Riders and drivers of horse-drawn carriages are welcome on all tracks
- Only where there are lock systems can only one pair of horses pass
- Since tracks can be swampy in winter, some driver experience is needed
- The equestrian track does not, or very rarely, overlap with walking and/or cycling paths. If they do, always give priority to walkers and cyclists, because not everyone feels safe near a horse.
- Due to forest exploitation, agricultural use, and suchlike, we cannot guarantee that the track is in a good state of repair. Every year, we try to repair some of this track.
- There are no horses for rent. You always bring your own horse.
The horse-riding map can also be found online on the page of Toerisme Limburg
Find horse-friendly accommodation here.
Suggestion: Vierlandsheren excursion
- Junctions 91 - 92 - 93 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 91
- Distance 20.8 km
- Starting place Ter Biessen, Begijnenbos 11, Lanaken
- Different resting places en route
- Landscape: dirt track, deciduous and pine forests, ponds, etc.
If you would like to plan your own route, click here.